A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Friday, August 14, 2009

Day 500 { Jamaica 6 - Slippers Destroyed / Link Michelle } Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day 500 { Jamaica 6 - Slippers Destroyed / Link Michelle }


Today I went to the Portmore mall to get a hair cut... After receiving the haircut, I realized that while I was walking, my right foot felt a little weird.. only to look at my slipper and see it shredding a part ... I quickly glanced around to see if anyone was looking on.... and I went under the seating area to take a more detailed look at what was going on.... When I looked, all of the bottom part of my right slipper was coming off... And I left a trail of debris of rubber rotting slipper in my path.....

I started to drag my foot (literally), looking around the mall for a shoes shop... But alas, today is August 1, Emancipation Day, which means most stores were closed... Luckily though, I found an open one... So I quickly bought a slipper for JA $1,500 (About US $17). I dragged my foot back under the seating area and checked my new slipper, only to realise that they gave me two left feet of slippers. So guess what? I had to drag my foot again, leaving more of the rotting slipper debris all over the place...And give them back the slippers for them to search for the right foot. Then finally I was good to go...

Later on, my friend Michelle called me and she asked if we could do a link today.... I was a bit hesitant at first because I would not know how to get to her house alone.... But my recently wedded friends Andrae and Keneisha were coming to Portmore and they would let me trail them to Michelle's house. So I followed them, but they were a bit concerned about my driving on the road. I am still not used to waiting for people to give me a bly on the road..... I always wait until the road is totally clear then move out....

We eventually stopped and got some jerk chicken then headed for Michelle's place.... We got there and we played French dominoes. I can't tell the last time I played this game. The first person to score 100 would have to get up and give some one else a chance to play. Because only 4 persons can play at a time.... I didn't score 100 first but I got up and gave Keneisha a game because I cheated in one of the games ;0 .... I was to count up my dominoes but I hid a double in my socks.... lol .. I think I would have scored over 100, if I tallied my score correctly...

Michelle's fiance is a game head like me, and he told me that he got the custom firmware stuff on his PSP.... This same thing that I have been trying to do on my own in Japan for a verrry long time... He said some guy in half way tree does this stuff at a small cost :) .... He gave me the guy's number and I plan to make a visit soon...

No comments: