A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 520 { New York 2 - Around New York City } Friday, August 21, 2009


Day 520 { New York 2 - Around New York City }


Went out in the morning with Gregory and his cousin, travelling around the Queens area. I can't believe that while walking through a mall know as the "Green Acres Mall", I saw my university friend there just popped out of a store... We were both surprised... He is from Barbados but I haven't seen him since 2005...

We then went to time square in the night. Then to a restaurant known as Bubba Gump. A sea food restaurant, inspired by the movie Forest Gump.

While coming back from the city, I saw some Asian looking people so I started listening to them to see if they were Japanese... And yes they were... So I asked them in Japanese if they were in fact Japanese nationals.... The whole 5 of them were surprised that I spoke Japanese... We sparked up a little conversation to which the persons beside me (Some Jamaican girls), also were looking on in disbelief and shock, wondering what in the world we were saying...

We then got off the train and was heading back to Queens... but at that time in the morning, the train schedules are all messed up...So we had to take another train then wait for about 45 mins in the train area which was HOTTTT!!!

We finally got back to queens at about 1 or 2 am...

1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Dave - that talking to Japanese people HYPE!!! Trust me - mi bad mind that you now talk 2 languages.

Seeing Francois must really be a shocker for both of unnu. Hope all is well with him and his wife.