A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day 507 { Jamaica 13 - Hanging Out With Sachiyo Morimoto } Saturday, August 8, 2009


Day 507 { Jamaica 13 - Hanging Out With Sachiyo Morimoto }

I promised my new Japanese friend that we would hang out for the day. So, I picked her up and first we went to the Fort Clarence beach which is about 10 mins from my house in Portmore....
Sachiyo went into the water but I stayed clear of it.... At the beach I saw my friend from University, Dwayne, as well as my cousin's wife and child, Claudine and Nathan...

We then left Fort Clarence and I treated Sachiyo to Ox-Tail at Captain's bakery in Portmore. She said it was the first time she was having Ox-tail and thinks it is delicious.... I had stewed peas and rice, which I haven't had in I don't know how long.

Again Sachiyo's website is http://www.mightymules.com/gospel_top.html ... if you want to publish a book just give her a link....

After leaving Captain's, we went to watch G-Force at the Carib Theatre. It was the first time I was watching a movie using 3-D glasses. It was interesting, even though it was a kids flick...

After the movie, me and Sachiyo went to an inner city community name Kencot, to visit this Japanese guy name Kenichi who has been living in Jamaica since August last year.... He is actually from my prefecture, Okayama.... He was born in a town called Tsuyama and he now lives in Kurashiki.... He is completing his Ph.D in Anthropology and writing a paper on Reggae Gospel music in Jamaica.

Then they introduced me to this reggae dancer Japanese girl name Chammy... here is her myspace page
but prepare yourself before you visit....
http://www.myspace.com/charming_chammy

After meeting up with these Japanese in Jamaica, I dropped home Sachiyo then went home.

No comments: