A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day 516 { Jamaica 22 - Visit UTECH /Shelly Wins/ Last Link Up For Summer } Monday, August 17, 2009


Day 516 { Jamaica 22 - Visit UTECH /Shelly Wins/ Last Link Up For Summer }

Took the bus this morning to Half Way Tree, then I walked and visit my friend Lassom at the Bethel Baptist Church.... I then took a taxi up to the University of Technology, my former University... When I got there, I walked around a bit then went to request a transcript.... I could not believe that a transcript now cost $JA 1000 ( US $ 11 )...

After requesting the transcript, I went to the cafeteria and was surprised by the renovated cafeteria.... A local company by the name of juicy Patties now control the cafeteria.... I wonder why they didn't think about this while I as there.....
Anyway, I then went to the bookstore and checked if they have any Japanese text... I want to buy this book name Genki Japanese, because in Japan its a bit pricey... The UTECH book store actually had it and I bought it.

I then went to Carby's in Half Way Tree and bought some T shirts.... Carby's is ridiculously expensive.... While walking through Half Way Tree, I noticed people gathering beside this gigantic television screen in the middle of Half Way Tree. I wanted to watch the race there but I decided to go home....

When I got home, I heard that Jamaica came first and second in the 100m female race at the IAAF in Berlin...Shelly - Ann Fraser won while Kerron Stewart was placed second. Nice ... We control the sprint events... :)

In the evening I then took a bus heading for Half Way Tree, because I was to meet up with some friends at cuddy's in New Kingston.... While in the bus approaching Half Way Tree, the bus stopped near to Half Way Tree on a road name Hagley Park Road. The conductor started to curse then he said "yow dads, a puncha di tyre puncha innuh" (Hey, the bus tyre got punctured). So I got out and jogged for about 10 mins to Half Way Tree...Then because I was running a bit late, I got to the area where I should take a taxi to go to New Kingston... But there wasn't any taxi there.... Because the police and transport Authority men were removing illegal taxis off the road.... I then stood there, wondering what to do.... Then suddenly a man came to me and said "My yute, New Kingston?" (Hey are you going to New Kingston) .. so I said yes, and he took me to his car which was parked about 1 minute away... Luckily the car was already filled with people so as soon as I got in, he drove off...

I was fortunate to get there on time.... I guess I am still working off the Japanese timing system so, I though I was late at 7:15 pm and I told everyone 7pm..... When I got there, only 1 person was there already... I reserved seating for 40 but only 20 persons showed up... Some later than others.....We had a good time though...

1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Rass....you get 20 people - that's nuff. Cuddy'z shudda tell u 2 badword when u tell them 40 - lol