A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 522 { Israelis Like Reggae Too/ Broke } Sunday, August 23, 2009



Day 522 { Israelis Like Reggae Too/Im Broke }

Met this Israeli guy on the plane that said he has been living in Japan for over 20 years now. He got married to a Japanese lady and they have 2 children. This guy knows all of Bob Marley's songs and says Bob is one of his all time favourite singers.... I could not believe when this guy decided to sing out some of Bob Marley's songs in the plane from South Korea to Japan.... I was dying with laughter. He is a really cool guy though... I think its the first time I was officially meeting some one from Israel. He said Bob Marley is really famous in Israel as well.

Anyway, we got to Osaka, Japan at about 8:30 pm.... And again like the last time coming into Japan, they left one of my checked on bags.... However, that was good for me because there is no way I could manage all three bags going back to my friend's house, much less to my apartment...
A Korean lady came up to me and was telling me that hopefully I will get my luggage tomorrow... I asked her why was it left behind, but she could supply me with no answer. I ended up coming out of the airport again without being searched.

It was now time to take the train to my friend's house but guess what? I had absolutely NO Japanese currency with me... Because the plan was to withdraw some when I got here... But guess what again??? All the bank accounts I have in Japan, dont work with ATMs after a certain time... I was now, kind of left stranded in the airport with time going because the trains also stop running at a certain time..... Luckily!!! I found 5 euros in my bag, and I converted it to yen.... And that was how I got to buy the ticket to go on the train.... I eventually struggled with my luggage again to my friend's house...

1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

You a live LUU Dave...you should have gone to BOJ to convert some of your money B4 you leave Jamaica. Can't believe u a travel to a country and don't have their money on you - lol