A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day 526 { Nova Boss Sentenced } Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 526 { Nova Boss Sentenced }

Today I went to lunch with my new Japanese friend and she wanted to know about programming and web page design etc... So I gave a brief lesson on programming Languages and on HTML... and told her that to learn these stuff, it involves lots of reading and studying, that is why I don't like them.

Later in the evening, I mailed some of my Jamaican stuff to my friend in Osaka. She was quite elated to receive them.

Today, former Nova Boss was sentenced...

Former Nova President Nozomu Sahashi was sentenced Wednesday to 3 1/2 years in prison by the Osaka District Court for his role in skimming off employee funds in 2007, just before the foreign language school giant's bankruptcy that October.

News photo
Nozomu Sahashi

Presiding Judge Hiroaki Higuchi's severe sentence took some in the courtroom by surprise. Prosecutors had sought five years for the former president of what was once the country's largest foreign language school chain and employer of foreign nationals. Sahashi is expected to appeal the sentence.



http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20090827a1.html

No comments: