A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Friday, March 6, 2009

Day 345 { Back To Jamaica 3 / Errands Before The Funeral Day } Friday, February 27, 2009

Day 345 { Back To Jamaica 3 / Errands Before The Funeral Day }

I got only about 3 hours sleep between lastnight and this morning. I woke up in the morning as early as about 3 or 4 am and could not fall back asleep. So I stayed up reading my bible and playing pokemon until daylight. In the day, I walked around my house and took some pictures. I also inspected my Jamaica car that I haven't seen since this time last year. My sister said its giving a little trouble but it has been running well for the most part since I am gone. I then drove my cousin's car to the mall in my community (Portmore Mall).

At the mall, I got a proper hair cut, bought some Jamaican style KFC, changed my US currency and updated a bank account. I saw a couple of my other cousins who came from the rural parts of Jamaica, at the mall as well. They were buying some stuff for the funeral, so I stopped and chatted with them for a little while (I also saw your dad at the mall Deneice). I then went home and called a deacon at my church who works with a local phone/internet company formally known as Cable and Wireless but now known as LIME (Landline, Internet, Mobile and Entertainment) http://www.time4lime.com/.

I asked him if he could put on back my internet, that was disconnected since I left for Japan. My PC at home was giving a little trouble so paying for internet was just a waste of money. But now Im back, I need it, and its not here :(


I then visited a church known as Mona Baptist in the evening, where the Jamaica Baptist Union Youth Department was having a concert. I saw a couple a friends there, chatted briefly with them then headed to my aunt's (Mother of my cousin who died) house where a whole lot of persons were gathered. This is the traditional 9 night thing in Jamaica, the final night before the funeral...also known as set up...People were playing cards, dominoes, eating food, chatting and all manner of stuff.

1 comment:

Indra said...

導入、インドラメイン私パレンバン、インドネシア国から来た。
あなたと私は非常に満足している。
あなたのブログとても良いです。
私たちは友達になることを期待