A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Day 370 { Visa Extention / New Web Cam / You Still Dont Understand Me After 1 Year?? } Tuesday, March 24, 2009


Day 370 { Visa Extention / New Web Cam / You Still Dont Understand Me After 1 Year?? }

Today I went to Okayama City to collect my visa extention. I applied for a 3 year extention because many people were doing that, and it would work out better for me if I decide to stay here for 3 years.... If I got the 3 year extention, then I would purchase a multiple re-entry permit that would allow me to travel out of and back into Japan as often as I want for 3 years. If I however only got a 1 year extention, then I would not purchase the re-entry permit today....So I went to the immigration office and they actually did give me the 3 year extention... Horayyy me :) .... So I also bought the multiple re-entry permit as well... In Japan, if you travel out of the country without a re-entry permiit, then you wont be able to get back in...I am guessing that its both a way to make money off the foreigners as well as to give us a hard time....Any way, there were many foreigners there, mostly from Korea and China though... I saw 1 Phillipino girl and 1 very tall girl looking like an African.

After I got the re-entry permit, I went to Bic Camera to purchase a very cheap webcam. I then met my friend at the station and went back to Niimi...As soon as I got in from Okayama city, My land lord gave me a call to say he will be picking me up in 5 mins... He eventually came and I paid 3 months rent which came to about US $1100(Approximately the same amount I paid for my trip to Jamaica)... I also asked him to query my gas bill which is coming up to US $80 per month... I dont know why my gas bill is so expensive when I hardly ever cook.... My friend on the other hand who cooks almost every day, his gas bill is coming up to like US $ 50 there about.... It just seem too strange to me...

My landlord then made me meet his friend and we had dinner at a restaurant.... I told this man to please let me eat curry and rice, yaki soba or another thing called okonomiaki.... He was still persistently asking me if I wanted rare meat... He also asked me if beef was ok... I told ok yes I will take the beef... When I got the beef...The beef was rare beef... I could not eat all of it so he had to give them back to make them cook it some more... Even then it still tasted a little rare... He and is friend were then discussing how I dont like rare food...especially their delicacy Sashimi (Raw Fish). They were basically saying to each other that its quite horrible of me not to eat rare meat...

These men still cannot understand that I am a foreigner after 1 whole year in Japan......More specifically a Jamaican foreigner.... WE DO NOT EAT RARE MEAT IN JAMAICA!!!.... To us it is just grossss!!!! I know it might not have all the nutrients that rare food has, but it taste much better when cooked properly.... Plus rared meat might still have some of the bacteria stuff in it... I dont know what is wrong with them.... Next time I am going to force him to understand my view... If he gets upset, so be it... and no more free food for me...

After a little while... I went to another small bar place where some reggae loving Japanese guys were playing some reggae music... They had all the latest songs and even a record by an artist that me and my sister thought was a want to be DJ... This guy name KC jockey........ I remember some years ago I saw a big bill board sign in Portmore (my home town in Jamaica) with his face on it, promoting his album... When I saw it I was wondering who in the world is that guy... Then while me and my sis were coming from Jamaica to go to New York, my sister sat beside him on the plane... My sister told me that he was trying to start a conversation with her and even gave her his card... She asked him "who are you??" and he said he is an actor and dancehall artist... She said that several times in their brief conversation, he was smiling for no reason.... My sister summed up that it was possibly in order to show the gold caps at the bottom row of his teeth ????????????? She said he just kept smiling through out their brief conversation... Even when there was nothing funny to smile about...

Here are 2 videos of him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0cwuW6s4zc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rjxtn3QfxQ

actually these videos are not too bad, especially the first 1 :)

I think this guy is trying hard to get noticed, but unfortunately, not a lot of people seem to know him...

After this I went back to my apartment and my stomach was feeling quite upset... I am assuming it was the rare beef...

1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Dave..it's rare...not rareD - lol