A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 364 { Last Day at Main School / Economic Stimulus / Poker } Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 364 { Last Day at Main School / Economic Stimulus / Poker }

Today is supposed to be the last day at me main school for the 2008-2009 Japanese school year. So the grade 2 kids gave me some paper made gifts. Like paper made doughnuts, Mcdonald's fries etc. One grade 6 kid made a tissue box for me, with the Jamaican flag on the top. The other grade 6 kids gave me a book showing their progress from grade 1 through to grade 6. In the book, they attempted to draw a picture of all their current teachers....and ooh boy...they attempted to draw me (see picture of book page)...The picture look like a monster on drug over dose... I could not do anything but laugh when I saw it.... It could be that:

1) Its extremely difficult for the kids to draw a black man
2) They think I look like a monster
3) That kid just cant draw well

I got a letter today that I wasn't sure what it was for...all I knew is that it involved filling out some sort of form... I went to the English conversation class and learnt that it was a ¥ 12,000 economic stimulus package from the government. The foreigners received it as well because we are paying taxes. At the English conversation thing, the 2 American girls that were present, taught us how to play poker... It was the first time I was playing it in my entire life...We used some coins to place bets and so forth and it was quite an interesting game if you get the hang of it... they told us that they are many versions to poker but they taught us this one called "texas hold em" ... It was so interesting, that we ended up staying longer at the place than we were supposed to. I didn't win any of the games but it was fun.

No comments: